Parametric testing can save a considerable amount of product costs: it decreases repairs, eliminates defects which cannot be detected with a functional test, enables production technicians to autonomously screen for process faults and stabilize the quality in output, especially when functional test is not mandated. Seica solutions: Compact Line and Pilot Line.
Flying probing with 50-micron t.p.
A flying prober features a native peculiarity of being flexible. Sometimes, this solution too is faced with requirements of customization. The ATEs for components use the so-called ‘wafer interfaces’ (i.e. circular PCBs equipped with a micro-fixture) to contact the silicon wafer and test the component before packing. The testing of these micro-fixtures requires contacting terminals whose typical dimension is 50 microns. Of these points, continuity should be tested with the opposite side of the board, which appears as a standard PCB.
Thanks to its positioning accuracy and simultaneous probing on both sides of the board, the Pilot 4D V8 allowed to provide a solution featuring minimum customization.
- Customization of the Pilot V8 test system by decreasing to 2 the probes available on the bottom side
- 2 additional heads with accuracy probes, suitable for PCB testing
- Installation of high-resolution camera for the correct visualization of the micro test-points
- Automation of ‘wafer interfaces’ testing
- Secured and repeatable handling
- Parametric test of passive components and relays available on the module
ICT and Functional test of Led boards
In the latest years, LEDs have become widely used components, thanks to relevant technological innovations, not only as indicator light, but as a true light source. The world of electronics manufacturing is organizing both for mounting and testing, since there are relevant issues to be addressed, related to process and test as well. With this respect, driven by the challenging demands of automotive industry, the Seica testers have integrated the management of special sensors, capable of featuring the LED parameters, and guaranteeing the LED operation according to specifications.
- Software integration between Compact SL testers and FEASA equipments for LED test
- Implementation of dedicated fixtures featuring integration of test circuitry, an optical fiber and a lens for each LED
- Work cycle: D.U.T., preliminary ICT test, D.U.T. power on, functional program with LED power on and featuring via sensors.
- objectivized product quality also for complex parameters
- identification of out-of-specification components when repair is still convenient